Eligibility rules for FREE places
To be eligible for a free, fully funded place on this programme you must be one of the following persons
- a UK citizen who is settled in the UK and has been ordinarily resident for at least 3 years prior to the enrolment date and whose main purpose for such residence was not to receive full-time education during any part of the three year period. Settled means having either indefinite leave to enter or remain, or having the right of abode in the UK. British citizens and certain other people have the right of abode in the UK:
- those with European Community - United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland passports
- British Dependant Terrritory Citizens (now known as British Overseas Territory Citizens)
- those whose passports have been endorsed to show they have the right of abode in the UK
- those who have a certificate of naturalisation or registration as a British Citizen
- A national of any European Union (EU) country or the spouse, civil partner, or child, or grandchild, or dependant parent, or grandparent of an EU national, or of the EU national's spouse, or civil partner, where the learner has been ordinarily resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) for three years preceding the enrolment date
- An EEA migrant worker or the spouse, civil partner, or child, or dependant parent, or grandparent of an EEA migrant worker, or of the EEA migrant worker's spouse or civil partner, where the learner has been ordinarily resident in the European Economic Area (EEA) for three years preceding the enrolment date
In addition to the above you must also be in one of the following categories to be eligible
- be registered as unemployed and receiving active benefits**
- if you are not unemployed and are 19-23 years old at enrolment you must not already have a level 3 qualification
Applicants who are in any doubt about their eligibility can apply for individual consideration. All decisions on eligibilty, for this programme, will be at the sole discretion of JBC Computer Training Ltd
Selected applicants will be invited to attend for a formal assessment and if successful an offer of a training place will be made in writing.
** You may be entitled to retain your benefits whilst you are on the training programme. However, you need to consult your Job Centre Plus advisor to clarify your individual circumstances.